What happens when two American classics – grilled cheese and buffalo chicken mac & cheese get together? The ultimate, mouthwatering meal – Buffalo Style Chicken Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese. It’s comfort food at it’s finest.
The epitome of comfort food. We should leave it at that. But, what can we say? We like to make your mouths water!
This Buffalo Style Chicken Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese started as a fun experiment in the office, which happens a lot around here. Most of the time the creative ideas we have with our entrees don’t make it to the blog, but this one was too good not to share.
All it took was one incredible, mouthwatering bite and we knew that we had to share this creamy, cheesy, spicy, protein-packed mac & cheese grilled cheese recipe. Do we have you hooked yet?
The best part is that it takes only four ingredients to have this ultimate mac & cheese ready to devour. The mac and cheese is already prepared as we used our Buffalo Style Chicken Mac & Cheese. It is full of melted cheddar, blue cheese crumbles, shredded chicken breast, and the perfect amount of spice from the hot sauce.
We bet you’re wondering how this could be “healthy.” Well, truth be told we believe in balance and indulging every now and again. Especially, when we know, we have been working out hard, and our bodies need a little extra somethin’.
This Buffalo Style Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese does have all of the essential macronutrients; carbs, protein, and fat. That should make it count as a balanced meal, right?
Ok, for some yes. But, if you need something that tastes just as indulgent, but is a little lighter give these sliders a try! They are just as easy and satisfying. 100% guaranteed.
Buffalo Style Chicken Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese Ingredients:
4 slices of bread
1 box Buffalo Style Chicken Mac and Cheese
2 slices cheddar cheese
4 tsp butter
Buffalo Style Chicken Mac & Cheese Grilled Cheese
- 4 slices bread
- 1 box buffalo style chicken mac & cheese
- 2 slices cheddar cheese
- 4 tsp butter
- Cook the Buffalo Style Chicken Mac & Cheese according to package directions.
- When your mac & cheese is done cooking, heat a non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Spread 1 tsp of butter on each of 2 slices of bread and place butter side down into the pan.
- Evenly divide the mac and cheese on top of each of the two slices of bread in the pan.
- Top the mac and cheese with 1 slice each of cheese.
- Spread 1 tsp on each of the remaining slices of bread.
- Place the unbuttered side of the bread on top of the cheese topped mac & cheese.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes on the first side, or until golden.
- GENTLY flip (you don't want the middle to fall out) and cook an additional 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted.