Give breakfast a take-out inspired twist with these Southwestern inspired egg rolls. Ready in just 3 minutes and perfect for eating on the go. Gluten Free.
Who says you can’t have egg rolls for breakfast? These Air Fryer Southwestern Veggie Egg Rolls are stuffed with all of the goods! They are filled with egg whites, roasted potatoes, organic corn, black beans, tangy salsa, and a pinch of cumin to kick up the heat!
Not only is this recipe fun, but it’s ready in a matter of minutes and requires on 3 ingredients. It sounds too good to be true, but we guarantee you it’s not! Heck, these are even easy enough to whip up during the week for a quick breakfast.
Cooked your Southwestern Veggie Scramble Bowls halfway and then evenly divide the filling between your 8 egg rolls. Roll up and then brush with avocado oil. Into the air fryer they go for 3 minutes and BOOM! You have yourself a simple, satisfying, and nutritious breakfast in no time. Pair with fresh fruit for extra fiber and a bit of sweetness.
These egg rolls are also great for taking on the go! They will last in the fridge for up to 4 days. Just make sure to allow them to cool completely before storing them. You can also add a paper towel to the bottom of your container to absorb any other moisture that might make them a bit soft.
Another option is to prepare a bunch in advance and freeze them. Follow the directions until you come to the step stating, “brush with avocado oil.” (Do NOT brush them with the oil.) Place them into a freezer storage bag and seal tightly. These will last up to 3 months in the freezer. When you are ready to make them, allow them to thaw and then place them in the air fryer according to the directions below (adjusting the time as needed). Serve as desired.
Air Fryer Southwestern Veggie Egg Rolls Ingredients:
- 2 Southwestern Veggie Scramble Bowls
- 8 egg roll wrappers (or coconut wrappers if you’re gluten free)
- 1/2 tbsp. avocado oil, optional
Air Fryer Southwestern Veggie Egg Rolls
- 2 Southwestern Veggie Scramble Bowls cooked for 90 seconds each
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil
- Place 1 coconut wrapper on a clean work surface in a diamond shape. Scoop 1/4 cup of filling onto wrapper about 1/3 of the way from the bottom. Roll from the bottom of the wrapper toward the top folding the bottom over the filling. Fold the sides in and continue to snugly roll to the top. Continue with remaining wrappers and filling to make 8 eggrolls. brush outsides of the egg rolls with avocado oil, if desired for extra crispiness.
- Place 4 eggrolls in the basket of air fryer, seam side down. Fry eggrolls at 300ºF for 3 minutes. Repeat with remaining 4 eggrolls.
- Serve with fresh fruit.