Steak Black Bean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash boats are a hearty and healthy recipe packed full of flavor! Finished off with some melted cheese, this recipe is sure to please the whole family!
Fall always brings an abundance of squash that all have their unique flavors. One of our favorites is spaghetti squash. It takes to almost any flavor you add. It’s also easy to cook and makes the best vessel for fun meals like this Steak Black Bean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash recipe.
This recipe is satisfying without being too heavy. But don’t worry, you still get that cozy comfort food feel! They spaghetti squash may bet lighter than traditional pasta, but it is much more filling. Of course, the hearty steak pieces from our Steak Black Bean Bowl and the cheese on top seal the deal.
Depending on the size of your spaghetti squash it could take some time to bake. So, we like to prep our spaghetti squash ahead on Sunday during meal prep so that we can whip up this meal in no time during the week.
If your squash is already cooked, it is just a matter of heating your steak black bean bowl, tossing on some cheese and extra veggies, if desired and then baking until golden and bubbly.
This recipe works great with our other bowls too! We have made this with the Chicken Black Bean Bowl more times than we can count! It’s our favorite when topped with white cheddar.
If you want to get all breakfast crazy as we do, then venture out and try this recipe for breakfast with one of our scramble bowls. We bet the combination of uncured bacon, eggs, a little salsa, and melted cheddar will have your co-workers wondering why you are so happy at 8 a.m.
Steak Black Bean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash Ingredients:
2 small spaghetti squash, cooked
1/2 cup shredded cheese of choice
1/3 cup fresh tomato, chopped
1/4 red onion, thinly sliced
fresh cilantro, if desired
Steak Black Bean Stuffed Spaghetti Squash
- 2 small spaghetti squash cooked
- 3 Steak Black Bean Bowls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- 1/3 cup tomato diced
- 1/4 cup red onion thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro if desired
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook Steak Black Bean Bowls according to package directions.
- While bowl are cooking, scrape the insides of your squash out into a mixing bowl (See notes below if you are unsure to prepare your squash)
- Place the spaghetti squash shells on a baking sheet.
- Once your bowls are done cooking, add them to the bowl with your spaghetti squash and mix well.
- Evenly divide the mixture between the 4 empty spaghetti squash rinds.
- Top with shredded cheese and red onion.
- Place the baking sheet into the oven and bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Finish off with fresh cilantro, if desired.