This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe is an easy, healthy breakfast recipe that is loaded with apples, pecans, maple syrup, and fall spices. Gluten free and dairy free, plus meal prep breakfast friendly!
It’s no secret that we love oatmeal around here. Oatmeal is a fast, hearty, and satisfying way to start the day. Plus, the combinations are endless! The one thing that we can guarantee is that you will never get bored eating oatmeal.
Now that the days are shorter, darker, and colder, we are craving all of the warm meals and fall flavors. Who wouldn’t love a breakfast that tasted like apple pie?
You can make a single serving of this Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal, or you can make a big match for meal prep. Although our preference is to enjoy this warm, it is just as good chilled, too!
This recipe is naturally gluten free, dairy-free, and vegan. But, don’t let this combination stop you! You can add in any of your favorite fall fruits, nuts, seeds, nut butter, etc. You can also replace the maple syrup with honey, stevia, or monk fruit.
If you are looking to add some additional protein, a scoop of protein powder, collagen powder, or even a dollop of Greek yogurt (not dairy-free or vegan) would be an excellent addition. The protein and collagen powders will also make the oats even thicker. You know, that “stick to your ribs” kinda feeling.
Other nutrient dense add-ins would be flax seeds, chia seeds, or hemp seeds. These will help increase the fiber content and make the oatmeal even more satiating. Like the protein and collagen powder, the flax and chia seeds will also make the oatmeal extra thick!
If you are trying to reduce your sugar, feel free to leave out the maple syrup and use one of the low glycemic sweeteners like stevia or monk fruit listed above.
No matter what you add in, we guarantee that this will be one of the coziest bowls of oatmeal you eat all season!
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Ingredients:
1/2 large apple, chopped (extra slices, if desired)
1 tsp. coconut oil
1 pouch Organic Original Unsweetened Oatmeal
1/4 – 1/2 tsp apple pie spice (can sub with cinnamon, nutmeg, and ginger)
1 tbsp. maple syrup
1 tbsp. crushed pecans
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- 1/2 large apple chopped
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1/4 - 1/2 tsp apple pie spice, divided can sub with cinnamon, ground ginger, ground nutmeg
- 1 pouch organic unsweetened steel cut oatmeal
- 1 tsbp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp crushed pecans
- Heat coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add in apples and sautee until fork tender.
- While your apples are cooking, microwave your oatmeal according to package directions.
- Once your apples are fork tender, sprinkle in half of your apple pie spice and cook for an additional minute.
- Mix the remaining half of your spices into your oatmeal.
- Top your oatmeal with your sauteed apples, crushed pecans, and maple syrup.
- Add extra apple spices, if desired.
- Enjoy right away or store in a container for meal prep. This is delicious both warm and chilled.