This Mixed Berry Baked French Toast Casserole is as easy as one, two, three when made with our ready-to-go Oast & Honey or Cinnamon French Toast!
French Toast is one of our favorite weekend brunches. But there are just some times when we crave a good baked French Toast during the week. That’s where this Mixed Berry French Toast Casserole steps in! It is made with just 6 ingredients, one of which is our new protein-packed French Toast, making it a breeze to whip up any day of the week!
Made with oats and ancient grains, our frozen French Toast is packed with 40g of whole grains per serving, plus 13g of protein! Starting your day on a nutritious note has never been easier! You can satisfy your craving for something sweet (we think this recipe tastes almost like dessert for breakfast YUM!) while still getting in the nutrients you need to power through your morning!
The combination of protein and whole grains is one that will keep you satiated straight until lunch.
How to mix it up!
We listed honey as an optional ingredient. If you like your French Toast a little sweeter, we recommend adding 1 tbsp. However, please keep in mind that the French Toast is already slightly sweetened. Plus, the berries add a bit more sweetness to the recipe. You can use either our Oats & Honey or Cinnamon French Toast for this recipe. Either will yield a delicious result!
When it comes to the toppings, don’t let the end be mixed berries! You could use chocolate chips, sliced bananas, sliced almonds, raisins, cranberries, a drizzle of nut butter once it’s done baking, etc. There is no limit to the possibilities after you start with a base of French Toast!
Mixed Berry Baked French Toast Casserole Ingredients:
- 1 box Oats & Honey or Cinnamon French Toast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey, optional (use if you like a sweeter French Toast)
- 1 cup mixed berries (fresh or frozen)
- powdered sugar, optional
Mixed Berry Baked French Toast Casserole
- 1 box Good Food Made Simple French Toast
- 1 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp. honey optional
- 1 cup mixed berries fresh or frozen
- powdered sugar optional
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place your frozen Good Food Made Simple French Toast on a baking sheet and put it into the preheated oven. Bake for 5-6 minutes. Flip the French Toast and bake for an additional 5-6 minutes, or until slightly crispy.
- Cut the baked French Toast into cubes.
- Whisk together your egg, milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and honey, is using, in a large bowl. Add your French Toast cubes and mix thoroughly.
- Coat an 8X8 baking dish with nonstick spray or oil. Pour the egg and French Toast mixture into your baking dish. Top with the berries.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until firm.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving, if desired.