Breakfast Fried Rice made with leftover rice, egg white patties, and bacon is a savory, protein-packed way to start off the day! gluten-free.
Love a good savory breakfast? We do too! That’s why we can’t get enough of this Breakfast Fried Rice Recipe! It includes all of the things a solid breakfast should have: carbs, protein, healthy fats, and fiber! Oh, and let’s not forget tons of flavor! That’s right! This easy, 7-ingredient breakfast dish is extra tasty, and extra quick to make! You can have this meal on the table in less than 30 minutes.
But, let’s be honest, breakfast fried rice isn’t only for breakfast! This dish works for lunch or dinner, too! It has enough staying power from the fiber-rich brown rice and protein-packed egg whites to keep you full for any meal of the day.
Love more veggies at breakfast? Go ahead and toss them right into this dish! Not only is breakfast fried rice easy, but it’s versatile too! You can add in anything that you’d like. Have leftover chicken? Swap that for the bacon. Want to add in some peas or diced peppers? Go for it! You can also swap the brown rice for white, jasmine, or basmati rice. But please keep in mind that the fiber won’t be as high, i.e., you might not stay full quite as long.
No matter how you serve it up, added veggies, breakfast, lunch, dinner, side dish, it is guaranteed to be a home run with everyone in the family! We won’t say anything if you decide to toss in a few more egg white patties because you are looking for more protein. We do the same thing!
Breakfast Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 6 Egg White Patties
- 6 ounces lean bacon
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 5 cups cooked brown rice, fluffed and cooled
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp. tamari sauce (can sub with soy sauce if not gluten-free)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2-3 green scallions, chopped
Breakfast Fried Rice
- 6 egg white patties
- 6 ounces lean bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion finely diced
- 5 cups cooked brown rice cooled and fluffed
- 1/4 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce can sub with soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 2-3 scallions chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cook the egg white patties according to package directions. Set aside to cool.
- Add the cut bacon into a skillet over medium heat and allow it to cook down until crispy. Once the bacon is done, remove it from the pan and set aside.
- Add the diced onion to the skillet and cook until translucent. Next, add in the brown rice, and cook for 3-5 minutes. Break up any clumps with your spatula.
- Cut up your egg white patties into small to medium chunks.
- Add in your sugar, tamari, salt and pepper, if using. Give everything a good mix.
- Once the rice begins to steam, it is done! Add in your cut up egg white patties, bacon, and scallions. Give everything a final toss and serve!