These days life is crazier than it has ever been. We work full-time jobs, possibly have a side-hustle, cook, clean, take care of our families, our pets and somewhere amongst it all try to find a minute or two to relax. Taking time to flip through cookbooks and spend hours in the kitchen to make breakfast and lunches for the next couple of days is not happening after a long day. Side note, do people even own cookbooks anymore?
More often than not, we find ourselves grabbing for one of our 3 favorite restaurant takeout menus for dinner and then trying to squeeze in homework while we wait for dinner to arrive. But, then we still have breakfast and lunch to consider for the next day, right? Or is that a leftover takeout meal or school bought lunch too? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered!
Instead, we are here to share The ONLY Meal Prep Hack You Need To Make Life Easier, guaranteed! This one hack is the key to making life healthy, easy, affordable AND delicious. Can you guess what it is?
Nope, it’s not a new set of meal prep containers. It’s not a fancy new lunch box or even a whole kitchen full of shiny appliances. It’s a simple stash of FROZEN FOOD! If you don’t think that frozen food is a meal prep hack then we are here to prove otherwise! These 7 meal prep ideas come together in just minutes, are exceptionally delicious, and affordable. It’s the perfect trio.
Are you ready to get into the kitchen and start meal prepping? Here we go!
Blueberry Waffle Meal Prep
- 6 Good Food Made Simple Blueberry Waffles
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- Fresh fruit
- Optional: nut butter and/or syrup for toppings
- Toast your blueberry waffles.
- Slice your hard-boiled eggs in half.
- Add your waffles, fresh fruit, and hard-boiled eggs to your meal prep containers.
- Seal and enjoy for a fast breakfast during the week.
*To heat your waffles, you can remove them from the container and toast until warmed or pop them unto your microwave.
Turkey Sausage Scramble Bowl Quesadilla Meal Prep
- 4 large tortillas of choice
- 2 Turkey Sausage Scramble Bowls
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese
- Fresh fruit/vegetables of choice
- Cook your turkey sausage scramble bowls each for 2 minutes or until just thawed.
- Layer 1 scramble bowl onto 1 large tortilla.
- Repeat with the second scramble bowl.
- Evenly divide cheese onto of the two tortillas topped with the scramble bowls.
- Heat a non-stick skillet on medium heat.
- Place the filled tortilla into the skillet and top off with the second tortilla.
- Cook 2-3 minutes or until golden.
- Gently flip and cook until heat through and cheese is melted.
- Repeat with the second tortilla.
- Slice each tortilla in half and divide between your meal prep containers.
- Serve with fruit and veggies of choice.
Make Ahead Egg White Patty Freezer Breakfast Sandwiches
- 5 whole grain English muffins
- 1 package Egg White Patties
- 5 thin slices of lean ham or Canadian bacon
- 5 slices cheddar cheese
- salt and pepper, if desired
Find the full recipe instructions HERE.
Almond Butter & Jelly Oats In A Jar
- 1 puck Good Food Made Simple Oatmeal
- 1/3 cup yogurt
- 2-3 tbsp. fresh fruit preserves (or jelly)
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds
- 1-2 tbsp. almond butter (or nut butter of choice)
- whole almonds, if desired
Find the full recipe directions HERE.
How To Meal Prep Oatmeal 8 Ways
Find all of the ingredients (by flavor combination) and the directions HERE.
Southwestern Veggie Breakfast Burrito Meal Prep
- 3 Southwestern Veggie Burritos
- 1 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup diced fresh tomatoes (or salsa)
- 3 cups baby spinach
- fresh cilantro, if desired
- Cook your Southwestern Veggie Breakfast Burritos according to package directions.
- (Optional Step) Heat a skillet over medium heat and lightly toast your burritos to get a golden and crispy outside.*
- Evenly divide your baby spinach, corn, black beans, tomatoes and burritos amongst 3 meal prep containers.
- Seal and enjoy for a fast weekday meal.
*We highly recommend this for both texture, flavor, and longevity of the pre-prepared burritos.
**To reheat, simply place your meal prep container in the microwave for 1-2 minutes or until heated.
Steak & Black Bean Bowl Meal Prep
- 2 Steak Black Bean Bowls, cooked according to package directions
- 1 cup broccoli, steamed
- 1 cup bell peppers, sliced
- Evenly divide ingredients between two meal prep containers.
- Seal and enjoy for a fast and balanced meal during your busy week!
Packing meals for yourself and your family can be a challenge. Eating the same meals on repeat can get boring and make takeout options look much more appealing. Being prepared with one of these 7 meal prep recipes made with nutritious and delicious Good Food Made Simple frozen food can be just the meal prep hack you need to make eating more enjoyable.
Looking for even more easy meal inspiration? Check out these 21 Quick & Easy Breakfast Recipes For Busy Mornings!