With a few simple ingredients, this Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Parfait comes together in minutes making a fast and delicious way to start your day. A great option for a delicious gluten free breakfast.
Overnight oats? Sorta, but not really. You see, traditional overnight oats are made with rolled oats and milk. You place them in a jar together, and the oats soften overnight. But, to us, the end result is more like a paste. It’s a texture that we just can’t get around.
This healthy strawberry parfait is the solution to not having pasty overnight oats. It gives you the grab-n-go convenience of overnight oats, but with a much heartier texture. We used our steel-cut oatmeal in this, so you get the texture and flavor of long, slow-cooked oats, but with a speedier pace!
If you are making one jar for breakfast, we recommend cooking up 1 whole package of oatmeal for each jar. If you are making a snack, then we would recommend half a serving per jar.
One of the best parts of creating a parfait or overnight oats is the layers of textures and flavors! There are so many fun and delicious combinations to keep your taste buds from getting bored. In this parfait recipe, we layered in creamy yogurt, crunchy granola, and fresh fruit for sweetness!
Other yummy options would be replacing the granola with chocolate chips, switching up the fruit and using mango and coconut for a tropical flavor, or even layering in a few pieces of leftover brownie for a sweet little dessert. The kids would have a ball creating their own layers and combinations for a snack.
But, the best part is that you can prepare all of these in advance and have a healthy and satisfying option ready to get every morning. Long are the days when you will have an excuse not to eat breakfast.
Healthy Strawberry Parfait Ingredients:
1 package Good Food Made Simple Frozen Steel Cut Oatmeal
1 cup strawberries
1/2 cup Greek yogurt
1/3 cup granola of choice
1/3 cup fresh blackberries
Healthy Strawberry Oatmeal Parfait
- 1 package organic unsweetened oatmeal
- 1 cup strawberries
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt or yogurt of choice
- 1/3 cup granola use your favorite brand
- 1/3 cup blackberries
- Heat 1 package organic unsweetened oatmeal according to package directions
- While oatmeal is warming, slice half of the strawberries length wise.
- Place half of the strawberries in the bottom of each of two jars (or bowls).
- Dice the other half of the strawberries and set aside.
- When oatmeal is done cooking, divide it evenly between the two jars.
- Next add the Greek yogurt layer to each jar placing half in each.
- Sprinkle the granola on top of the Greek yogurt.
- Finish off with diced strawberries and fresh blackberries.