Looking to Avoid the Gym? Get Fit at Home Instead.
Going to the gym is a hassle! I used to dread packing a gym bag, struggling to find a parking spot and then waiting in line to use the equipment.
When my frustration was at an all-time high, I canceled my gym membership and started implementing my own workouts at home. I was surprised to see some amazing results using almost no equipment! I also noticed I had MORE energy and so much more time to spend with my loved ones like my daughter Ayla!
If you are looking for some workout freedom, try these 5 awesome exercises you can do at home with almost no equipment!
- Squat jumps: This plyometric movement is great for blasting fat and burning calories.
Start with your feet hip distance apart. Squat down bending your knees, making sure your toes do not extend over your knees. Then explode up pressing through the ground into a jump! Complete 10-15 reps!
- Push-ups with knee tucks: This move will activate your upper body and core! Start in a push-up position. As you lower to the ground, drive your right knee towards your right elbow. Push up and return to starting position. Repeat on left side. Complete 10 reps each side.
- Side to side lunges: This move will increase your heart rate while building those strong glutes! Start with feet in a neutral position. Step right leg out into a wide stance and bend right knee lowering into a side lunge. Explode back up pushing through your right foot and return to standing. Repeat on left side. Complete 10-15 reps each side.
- Side plank dips: Increase your balance and tone your core! Start in a side plank on your elbow with your feet stacked. Lower your pelvis to the floor and then lift back up to starting position. Complete 10-15 reps each side.
- Reverse planks: This may be the most challenging equipment-free exercise! Start sitting on the floor with your legs extended out straight, place hands palm down just behind and outside of your hips. Then push up and lift your body until it forms a straight line from head to toe. Hold for 30 seconds then release. Repeat 5 times.
These are just a few moves to get you started! Other equipment-free moves you can do anywhere: tricep dips, walking lunges, squats, plank jacks, high knees, tuck jumps and mountain climbers! These moves can make a total body workout! I also recommend running, walking, hiking and biking to add some cardio to your routine.
Having the freedom to workout anywhere will totally change your routine! You do not need the gym to get a workout in… you don’t even need equipment! All you need is a good pair of sneakers, a little motivation, and a positive attitude!
Article Courtesy of Kim Perry.
Kim is a dedicated and energetic Fit Mom and blogger. As a prenatal and postnatal expert, Kim shares time-saving workouts, quick healthy meals and ways to live a happier life! She is a mother and a teacher who shows busy women how to live the life they want through mindset shifts and energy building tools!